Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It is not all physical

On Thursday I headed for the ocean.  When I got to the cottage I looked for running routes and for me the roads were too narrow,  there were not side walks for whole roads and I did not see that I would enjoy running here.  So I didn't.  In the scheme of things that is two training runs I missed.  I felt guilty...for about a minute and then I made a decision and I let it go. 

Look, having a healthy body is important.  But, being healthy mentally and not beating yourself up all the time, that is just as important.  I have read a lot of weight loss blogs in the last few weeks.  I get that they are journals of people's weight loss journey but I worry that some people are so obsessed that they forget to live.  I don't want this blog to be like that.  I write about running and losing weight in the hopes that it helps someone else to be healthier, but this is about 10 percent (maybe in training 15 percent) of my life. 

So, what do you do when you are not focused on becoming physically healthier?  You work on making your spirit healthier.  Write a letter to someone you love, make a phone call to an old friend, patch up a rift with someone you care about.  Think about people. Pray for or with people.  Laugh with your siblings.  Call your mom and dad. 

What do you need to do to make your spirit healthier?  Focus on that  today and see what happens.  Good Luck and BE STRONG.

No comments:

Post a Comment