Monday, November 19, 2012

Praising our bodies

Sometimes when you are trying to reach a physically (and thereby mentally) healthier you, you can spend too long looking at the scale.  I am down 3 pounds since last I posted.   Yay, and yet...being down 3 pounds does not accurately represent all that my body has done for me since my last post.

This body got me to work without fail.  This body brought me to spin class and helped me spin my hardest and sleep the sleep of the happy after a good work out.  This body ran me 3.8 miles on Saturday and pushed me 3.1 miles on Sunday for my fastest 3.1 mile time of 38:42.

This body held me up when I cried, and put me to sleep when I didn't want to think anymore.  This body is amazing.  I do not have the kind of job where I am judged on how I look.  (Although, surely there are always people judging how we look.)  I am not sure why I only praise my own body when the scale says some magical number.


This body does amazing things for me everyday and I won't be able to take it with me when I go...and so, I choose to praise this body every single day.  No matter what the scale says. 

Notice what your body does for you today.


Be Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment